Energy management systems
This specifies requirements for establishing, implementing, maintaining and improving an energy management system (EnMS). The intended outcome is to enable an organization to follow a systematic approach in achieving continual improvement of energy performance and the EnMS.
- is applicable to any organization regardless of its type, size, complexity, geographical location, organizational culture or the products and services it provides;
- is applicable to activities affecting energy performance that are managed and controlled by the organization;
- is applicable irrespective of the quantity, use, or types of energy consumed;
- requires demonstration of continual energy performance improvement, but does not define levels of energy performance improvement to be achieved;
- can be used independently, or be aligned or integrated with other management systems.